I thought it would be fun to make out a list (in no certain order) of things I've learned as I approach my 32nd birthday on April 5th (Easter Sunday!!) These are all things that I've learned about myself personally, not about anyone else. So here goes!
1. God loves me completely, He made me and He wants to spend time with me.
2. Prayer works!
3. Love my people the best I can each day because I am not promised tomorrow with them.
4. Listen (don't talk) when older people tell me something. It's usually a good word.
5. Love your husband because God first loved him and he is made in His image.
6. Get/keep my priorities straight and my life will go better: God, spouse, kids, others, yourself. Something that it a constant thing I have to remind myself.
7. The more time I spend in God's Word, the better I know Him and what He wants for I. (Psst...it's all good stuff)
8. Time doesn't stop just because I want it to.
9. I need at least 7 hours of sleep in order to be an adult the next day. I can survive on less but I wouldn't categorize myself as an adult.
10. I could eat Mexican food everyday of my life...given the choice. I am not exaggerating.
11. I am no fun in the winter months.
12. I like to have a plan and a routine.
13. When the plan or routine gets out of whack...I sometimes have issues..something I am working on.
14. Time, distance and availability don't matter to the people that truly love you. They are there for you when you really need them to be and those are your true friends.
15. I am not a "labels" person. I don't care if my jeans are the right brand or if my make-up comes from a dept. store. I don't like to waste money on brands. I would rather save that money for something I really want or for my kids.
16. Along those same lines, I don't get caught up in what I drive, looks like. I drive a 10 year old mini-van and as long as it runs, blows cold AC and doesn't leave me stranded, I will continue to drive it.
17. I do insist on buying brand name ketchup. Off-brand just doesn't taste good at all.
18. Back to more meaningful things...I have learned that the best way to do or be something is by just doing it. I always wanted to sew and so I asked my Granny to teach me. It was hard at first but I stuck to it and now I can say I know how to sew!
19. I have learned that money (the lack of or even the abundance) is always going to be something you have to communicate with your spouse on. You have to be honest and open all the time. It never really gets easier you just get used to it.
20. Getting an education is hard and takes time, money, stress and grit but it's worth it. It's so worth it!
21. Plan for the future but live in the present.
22. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
23. Say what you mean and mean what you say! (Thanks Bill Cheatham!)
24. When you promise something to your kid or any kids, really, make sure you keep your promise or don't make the promise at all. They will remember.
25. I feel better when I move more during the day. I have to remind myself of this a lot.
26. The more I serve others, the better I feel about myself. I serve my family everyday but I look forward to the day when I have more time to serve those outside of my home.
27. When I mess up the best course of action (no matter how I feel like reacting) is to own up to it, apologize and ask how I can make it better. Believe me when I say that other tactics don't end well for all involved.
28. I can't deal with pushy sales people. They ignite all the bad emotions when I come in contact with them.
29. I would make the absolute worst sales person ever.
30. I don't have to agree with everyone but I also don't have to tell them why I think they are wrong.
31. I don't believe that everything can get done (that I want to get done) in a day. When my house is clean the meal doesn't get made. When the meals are planned the house is a mess. No one does it all!
32. The most efficient way for me to feel horrible about myself is to compare myself to others, see that I don't measure up, and forget that God made me for a certain purpose.
Do you identify with any of my 32 things? I would love to hear some of yours, too!
Aunt Fanny’s Squash Casserole
19 hours ago