Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Weekend & My 1st B-day as a Mommy

Well I wish I could say that our weekend was perfect because the weather pretty much was. However, it was not a great one with Jonah's teething troubles hitting an all time high and therefore Daddy and I hitting an all time low as far as much rest was concerned. As I write this he is over most of the teething pain we are pretty sure, but now we are dealing with a pretty good helping of separation anxiety. Undoubtedly this separation anxiety has come on because while he was in pain he was pretty much glued to me and would not even go to Michael if I was anywhere within sight.

Anyways, so today is my 28th birthday and also my first one as a new Mommy. Jonah is by far the best present I could ever receive (even if fussy and clingy)! We did not do anything big for my b-day. My Dad's b-day is the 2nd so we had a family gathering at my parents house on Saturday and enjoyed yummy lasagna my Mom made. My sister, Audrey got to come home from med school with her new boyfriend to celebrate. By the way, she got me the most adorable spring green trench jacket that I can't wait to have a reason to wear. I got a little money to hopefully go towards some new spring wardrobe pieces. My parents got me a new purse from Thirty-One and a neat USB storage file that automatically uploads and backs up your pictures. Michael, Jonah and I went shopping for my b-day 2 weekends ago and I got all new seat cushions for our 8 metal chairs on the pool deck and back deck! I love those! I got a couple of new planters that I can't wait to be able to put flowers in and I ordered a new diaper bag from Thirty-One as well! Yes I am one spoiled Mama!!

I must mention that Mom and I ended up taking Jonah to the walk-in clinic on Friday afternoon last week because he was on his 3rd day of running a low-grade fever all day and night. I was so worried that he had an ear infection even though he wasn't pulling on his ears. He didn't really have much symptoms other than a fever and fussiness but I attributed most of that to teething. I just felt like he needed to be seen by someone to be sure it wasn't anything drastic. Well no sooner had we got in to see the nurse practitioner that I wished we had just stayed home.... Well we had a traumatic experience including Jonah crying the whole time, getting cathed to check his urine (it was horrid) for a UTI (he didn't have one) and them tyring to get enough blood from his heel (by squeezing the fire out of it) for a CDC. They never got enough blood because he was so tense and trying to pull his foot away while screaming bloody murder!! Ugh! I am still trying to get over the memories from all this. Our only saviour was that his pediatrician (Dr. Roads, whom we love!) was actually there that day and ended up looking at Jonah himself. Turns out all he had was Roseola Infantume. Roseola is basically a viral thing that is a fever than lasts 3 days and then turns into a rash and that's it. I was glad to know he didn't have anything more than that but at the same time I hated that Jonah was put through all that torture....well and me and Nana as well.

So on Saturday I was determined to make some better memories than the day before. Jonah and I went for a nice walk at the park and I took some spring pictures for his Easter cards. Here are some of the shots I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!