Friday, October 14, 2011

Jonah's 1st Story Hour

This Thursday was story hour at our local library. Nana decided it would be a good time to take Jonah to it for the first time and see how he did. I will spare you any suspense and say HE DID GREAT!

There were about 12 kids there all under school age but he and his buddy Neely were the littlest ones. They sang songs and went on a bear hunt, ate snacks and listened to the story. He got right out in the floor with the other kids and sat in Nana's lap during story time. I am so proud of my little man!!

They are going to plan on going to it each week as long as he enjoys it. I think it s a great thing for him to be involved in because he needs to be around other kids more. It's just him all day with Nana by himself so I think it's important for him to be around others now that he is getting more interactive.

Here are some pictures from the day. Sorry they are blurry but Mom took them with her phone for me.


Here he is getting his "binoculars" to go on the bear hunt.


Playing around with the other kids.



Taking in all the activity around him LOL!


Mom said right after this picture he went up and touched the bear!! She missed it though. So proud of him!!

1 comment:

  1. Story hours are so great! I wish more libraries hosted them and more folks attended.

    Jonah's a cutie - especially with the John Deere hat on below!!

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!