We are all so blessed aren't we?! Sure, life can throw you curves and get you down but at the end of the day there is always, always something to be thankful for. Some days I am overwhelmed with how grateful I am for my life.
That quote hits home hard. Everything that we have is not really ours. It is God's. We are just entrusted with managing it here on this earth. Whether it is our home, our finances, our children, our spouse's soul...it will all leave this earth one day or we will leave it. We cannot take it with us when we go. Does God delight in how I manage my blessings? Am I being a blessing to someone else? Am I telling God "thank you" enough? All I know is that I am trying....everyday.
the Lord is good."
I am thankful for:
- Christ's sacrifice for my sins which were/are many
- My husband/my best friend/my partner in parenthood: He is a blessing to me and Jonah and strives to live and be an example of Christ. He is not perfect but I love him anyways.
- My son Jonah, my baby boy and light of our life. He shows me what true love it everyday.
- Our warm home and the shelter it provides.
- The ability to work and the position I hold that provides for our family.
- Our parents marriages: Godly parents are a blessing and the fact that both sets of our parents are still married is a blessing to. Not very many people can say that these days. They provide great examples of what marriage looks like and how it can change and grow through the years and still be intact.
- Our parent's faith: They made sure we learned about God at early ages and they have lived imperfect lives that are washed in God's grace but they continue to love and trust Him, providing wonderful examples for us.
- Our parent's help: Both of our parent's have helped us out in various ways over the years and I am always thankful for their help (without overstepping boundaries), whether it's watching Jonah so we can have a date night or coming to the house to help with a big project.
- Our siblings: I am so thankful for the brothers, sisters, and brother-in-laws and sister-in-laws that I have. They each bring their own uniqueness to my life! Life would be boring without them that is for sure!
- My Church Family: Not many people can say they have attended the same church for all of their life and still love it! Our church family is small and close-knit but we still welcome visitors with open arms and love. You will not find a more friendly church that ours. We are a group of imperfect folks that are all on the same mission, to further His kingdom.
- Little luxuries of life: warm water, electricity, Internet, AC, lots of TV channels to choose from, comfy beds, indoor plumbing, working vehicles.
- I am thankful that we are debt-free! (except for our house)
- Thankful for good mail days. I love getting mail!
- A toddler that can communicate with me now! Wait.....I take that back LOL
- Having a great camera to capture all of life's memories.
- Thankful for the great teachers I have had in my school days. So many taught me things that I use everyday. Teachers are special people!
- Thankful for the seasons that bring their own special events and holidays. They make life more interesting! I think that is why God created them.
- Thankful for coffee in the morning and thankful that International Delight makes the Caramel Machiatto flavor.
- Thankful for vehicles that are dependable and for a hubby who knows how to work on them.
- Thankful for dreams and ideas that keep us excited about days to come.
- Thankful for my girl-friends that each bring something unique and fun. I have old and newish friends and I love them all. I may not get to hang out with them as often as I used to but I do think of them all the time and recall fun memories we've made together.
- I am thankful for my washer and dryer. They make laundry day so much easier.
- I am thankful for my small town that I live in. It is small and has it's little dramas but it is home to me and it is a wonderful place to raise a family.
- Thankful for my grandparents both alive and passed on. Each one teaches me about life and show me what love looks like. All of my grandparents are hard working people that have earned their years to rest (even though they are all still active). I am thankful I've been allotted this time to continue to learn from them.
- Thankful for potatoes. I've never met a potato that I didn't like. Same can be said for bread. I love me some carbs but they don't love me unless you count hanging around on me as love.
- Thankful for bursts of creativity where I can make and learn new things.
- Thankful for my health. Our health is something that is so hard to get back once you've lost it.
- I have many more things but I will stop here....I am thankful for it all!