So I am going to layout all the yuck of the week and then follow that up with a silver lining. Just trying to find the blessings amid the crazy.
1. Haley got 3 shots on Tuesday and seemed to be OK with them until yesterday. She went on a feeding strike and would only eat 2 ounces and just scream and not take any more. She also seemed more tired that usual. They told us this might happen after the shots but I thought it would be like right after...not two days later.
The good thing is that she seems to be getting back to normal now and took more ounces in the night and slept from 9:00 to 2:00, which is a pretty long stretch. Also, she is very healthy and for that we are so grateful!
2. This is our busiest time of the year with work and especially this week. So of course my Internet was down for 24 hours....WHY NOT?! (I work from home by the way) So I could not do anything for a solid day and we live in a rural area where everyone uses the same provider and so there was not anywhere for me to go to get Internet either.
But this just meant that I had more time to be with my kids during that day and play and see them....so not all was lost.
3. I ordered the costume below from Party City a couple of weeks ago and it came earlier this week and it was the total wrong size! They sent me a boys size and I had ordered a toddler size. I called and the toddler size was back ordered so they agreed to send me another firefighter costume...except they said that their corporate office would have to call me to confirm they could do this...ugh! So I waited for that call for two days and finally called and just asked for a refund. What a mess and it amazes me how upset I get when it's something for my kids. I was so worried about Jonah not getting to be a firefighter for Halloween and not finding another costume in time. It's not exactly easy to get out to a store with a infant and the nearest town is 40 minutes away.
But I scored a great deal on a firefighter costume on Ebay in his size so hopefully that one will work!
4. Tomorrow we are heading to the pumpkin patch with friends and I am so excited. I look forward to going every year and it really gets me in the Fall spirit.
|Last year at the pumpkin patch. Jonah has grown so much!|
5. With all the craziness of the week and the having-an-infant-that-gets-up-twice-in-the-night, the hubs and I were wore thin yesterday and not being very nice to each other. After both kids were settled down we just took a moment to ourselves to talk and figure out what is working and what's not working and come up with some solutions together. So grateful for my precious husband and his love for his family and wanting to help out. I don't know what I would do without him!!
Linking up HERE.