Monday, September 1, 2014

September Goals



I think this is the first year that August has ever flown by for me. In years past this would be the month of the year I dreaded the most (start of college courses or busy work season) but this year I looked forward to it. I think having my little baby girl's birthday this month had a lot to do with that and the fact that Jonah would be starting PreK.

Anyways, I am excited for September and the start of Fall. I am looking forward to finishing up a lot of work for the busy tax season at my job and then hopefully slowing down a little in that area. I am looking forward to the change of seasons and hopefully cooler temps but you never know with Tennessee weather.

I finished out fairly good on my August goals. I hit all but a couple. I still didn't take as many everyday life pictures as I wanted to but I did take some. I also did not make as good of eating choices as I wanted to but I did not gain a lot of weight. I just stayed about the same. I guess that counts for something. :)

Here are my September Goals:

1. Take my It Works Thermofit every day and try to eat healthier by staying away from carbs (potatoes and bread). Also try to walk 2-3 times a week.

2. Bible Reading: Read the book of Ecclesiastes (right after Proverbs) since Solomon wrote it as well. There are only 14 chapters but I will try to read the same chapter twice and/or read any devotions related to Ecclesiastes to better understand the whole book.

3. Read one other book or listen to a book on CD.

4. Stay off-line and unplugged in the evenings and on weekends as much as I can. (Easier said than done)

5. Take more pictures of daily life.

6. Get started on Jonah & Haley's yearly books since I start after their birthdays, all over again. I've already started Jonah's but need to get going with Haley's.

7. Hopefully get an offer on our house!!! (I can't really control this one but I would love to check it off my list. LOL)

Once again, nothing earth-shattering or crazy but just trying to be more intentional with my time outside of work and household duties.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!