I am a strange breed of woman....the breed that actually likes doing laundry. I know some people just cringe at doing laundry but I actually don't mind it at all. I don't even mind the folding and putting away part. But if you ask me to dust my whole house...that's when I cringe. I hate dusting.
Any who, my hubby and I agreed it was time to make the most out of our little basement laundry situation. It was dark and dank and just not a fun place to be. We set out to make a more function space with what we had to work with and to make it it's own space. So here are list of things we did (well Michael did most of it).
- Bought our new Samsung washer & dryer for a steal on Black Friday weekend. They came from Lowe's. We had to wait 2 months for them to come in. :(
- Bought the material and Michael built washer & dryer stands from some plans found here.
- I painted the stands in Misty Aqua from Glidden (Wal-Mart)
- Painted two concrete walls in our basement white. We did not paint around all our plumbing. We are going to put up a curtain to cover that.
- Brought in an old bathroom vanity that was in my craft room. It was give to us by my in-laws. It's my new folding table.
- Made some curtains out of fabric I had on hand.
- Made some wall art using stuff I had or bought at flea markets. I spray painted all of the frames and used scrapbook paper and stuff to decorate them.
- Laid down a carpet/rug that was left from when we redid our living room carpet.
Here is the final product....so far.
There is one window in this area but the window is actually under our porch. So not a ton of light comes in. I dressed it up a little bit though.
Another shot of the whole area. We are also planning to put up a metal bar from the ceiling on the left side of the star. For hanging up clothes out of the dryer. Sorry about the bad lighting in the pics.
I love these stands and I'm so proud of my hubby for making them! He did such a good job!