Monday, April 21, 2014

Our Easter

We had a wonderful Easter celebration and the weather could not have been more beautiful!

The Wednesday before Easter, we had an egg hunt at our church. We had a meal and hunt and the kids had a great time and there were plenty of eggs to fill up everyone's baskets. Jonah found the golden egg in his age group but I think it was just because of his Daddy's help. Haha!



Most of the church kids at the egg hunt.


3 year olds are hard to get still and smiling at the same time. LOL


On the hunt. I am not sure if Jonah had an unfair advantage with Daddy holding the egg bucket. 


So many eggs and only 2 hands!


Love Jonah's expression here...fatigue was taking over. I also love Daddy's hat. 


This is Jonah's standard "cheese" face....when do they outgrow this? 


Meanwhile this little ham loves the camera. I'll take it where I can get it.


Haley is up and ready for Easter morning goodies!


Jonah's Easter goodies. We tried to keep it toned down since they get so much everywhere they go.


Haley got a much-needed sun hat, taggy blanket and giraffe teether. 


Jonah digging in...goes right for the book...that's my boy!


My babies all dressed up for Easter!
 Sidenote: I couldn't help but enjoy all the Easter family pictures and pictures of kids all dressed up for Sunday morning church that my friends posted on Facebook. For one, I know how much time, money and near insanity went into those polished and posed pictures. Secondly, it's so great to see families heading out to church. I hope it continues in the following weeks. I am a firm believer that children need to be in Sunday school to learn about God and get the basics down.



And last but not least....a decent family picture! (Taken on my Granny's front porch)


I hope you and yours had a fabulous Easter too and were able to reflect on the reason that we celebrate this holiday and the freedoms we enjoy to be able to do so. Blessings!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!