Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Randoms & Pregnancy Update

Just a post of a hodge podge of things swimming around in my brain. It helps sometimes to just get them written down and recorded. I want to remember how great I am feeling at this stage of my second pregnancy, as I have not idea how long it will last. LOL

I am currently 23 weeks along. I have lots of energy right now and I don't feel too big. I am fitting well into my maternity clothes and I haven't had any swelling. Food tastes sooo good to me right now. My biggest craving is anything Mexican. I have limited myself to only indulging in this craving once a week. Thank goodness our tiny town has one little Mexican restaurant. They see me coming! LOL I have been getting good sleep each night and have really started to feel her moving and kicking a lot this week. It's so weird to be feeling that again! It's like I had forgotten what if feels like but still it's so familiar at the same time.

I just have to add a note about how blessed I (we) have been with "stuff" this time around. Since having Jonah, several of my friends and family members have had babies and girls and they have generously shared and gave us so much. I was able to buy an entire maternity wardrobe from a girl I go to church with that had a baby last September. We are the same size and she had tons of dresses and cute tops and even a maternity swimsuit. I spend around $70 on an entire wardrobe for this spring/summer! Also I had two other of my friends from school (actually my FB friends now) answer my call for maternity clothes and one mailed me some of her stuff and the other I was able to go pick up all her old clothes! I am so set on maternity clothes and it has/will save me so much money. I plan to bless someone else with all of it once I am done with it.

Also, I have been so blessed with girl clothes already and baby gear. My cousin has already brought me a swing and activity center to borrow and I have two huge totes full of clothes from my friends! So blessed by that!

By the way....I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet....her name will be

Haley Rose Cheatham

Haley is a name I've always liked and said I wanted to use if we ever had a girl. Rose is my mother's maiden name so I wanted to pass that along to her too. I had a really hard time deciding on the spelling of her name but I think Haley is going to be simplest and best for us.

*********************************************************************

We've had a beautiful week, weather-wise, around here and been able to break out our shorts and t shirts Here are a couple of pics I took with my phone.




We got Jonah his first fishing pole at Bass Pro last weekend. Michael showed him one time how to release the line/sinker and how to reel it back in and that was it. He caught on very quickly. It was so funny that is took his Daddy 3 weeks to decide and shop for the right fishing rod/reel. He had to have a realistic one and not a plastic one. LOL

 
********************************************************************
Things in our house are kind of crazy right now as we prepare to welcome this next addition. I think I've mentioned before that my home office is in our third bedroom currently. So we are fixing up our spare room (mudroom/storage room) as my office right now. We still have lots of work to do in there before we can start on the nursery. 

I also have so many things I want to do myself before the Haley gets here. Just a few of the things I want to do. Kind of like pre-birth resolutions. LOL

-complete her nursery
-make lots of bibs and burp cloths (I have all the supplies but just have to make them)
-deep clean my house (truthfully this is at the bottom of the list LOL)  
-get Jonah's scrapbook done for this third year
-plan Jonah's 3rd birthday (just a couple of weeks before I am due) 
-put together several freezer meals for those first few weeks at home
-get Jonah potty-trained or at least mostly potty-trained (a BIG one)

I hope I can get most of these accomplished! Wish me luck! 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love her name! It sounds like you have a lot to do/look forward to before her arrival!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!