Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day


I had a great Mother's Day and we had perfect weather too. We had a busy weekend as well.

Friday I was off and Jonah and I went over to my mother-in-law's to work on the bedding for Haley's nursery. My mother-in-law does upholstery and has for years. So she has a huge table that we used to cut out all the pieces and she helped me make the cording (welting) for the crib bumpers. I am excited to get started on sewing the pieces together. Jonah and I also did some running around town. It rained on us all day but we still had a good time and I got to shop some in Target while he was content in the cart. That is rare these days. LOL

Saturday we had plans to drive down to South West Tennessee to visit my family on my biological father's side. We don't get down to see them very often just because it's about a 3 hours drive and we don't like to have to stay the night. So we left pretty early but when we got into our little town we realized that one of my tires on my van had a huge gash in it. So we went back home and decided to take Michael's daily driver instead. It worked out but was a little cramped on space. We had a great visit and I got to see all 4 of my Dad's siblings. Unfortunately, my grandfather that is still alive had a fainting spell right before we arrived (he was at a funeral at the time) and had to go to the local hospital to be checked out. We managed to get over there and visit him before we headed home and he was doing some better but they were going to watch him overnight. I am so glad though that we got to see him for a little while because you just never know at his age when it will be his "time" to go.

For Mother's Day we went to church and then out to eat at a local place we love. Then we just hung out around the house and Jonah napped. Then we went over to my Mom's house for pizza and gave her some gifts.

It was a nice weekend with lots of catching up! I hope you all had a great day too!

Here is a picture that Michael got of Jonah and I on Sunday. I will have to get another belly shot for the blog as I am now officially in the third trimester!! Crazy how fast this one has gone by!



Below is the rose bush that I got last year for Mother's Day. All this rain has really made it go crazy!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!