Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jonah Campbell Cheatham

Our first child, Jonah, was born at 5:31 on July 21, 2010 at Gateway Hospital in Clarksville, TN. He weighted 5 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. My labor was induced that day at around 9:00 and he was born naturally (with epidural). Mom and Michael were in the room with me. He was happy and healthy.



We were totally suprised by how much hair he had (a full head of it). We were also surprised that he was so little. Just a week before I had an ultrasound and they estimated that he would be around 7 pounds but they were way off!





While Jonah was completely healthy, I had some really high blood pressure going into labor and afterwards. It was so high that my doctor decided I needed to go on magnesium via IV to get it to come down. So I had to go on that the night he was born and all through the next day and night until they thought it was safe for me to go to postpartum. It was horrible and much worse to me than the actual delivery. It made me feel like I had the flu. I had a terrible headache, it made me sleepy and my mouth dry. I couldn't eat anything and could only have ice chips occasionally. I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom or anything. Michael was great and took care of Jonah and fed him all the time worrying about my health.

I am happy to say that now my BP is back to normal and I seem to be healthy. It was an awful memory to have from my first delivery but you can never predict what will happen! We are thankful that the Lord watched over us through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!