Tuesday, November 22, 2011

16 Months & Dr. Visit

Wow! I literally cannot believe my tiny baby boy is already 16 months old! He is growing so fast and sweetly! We just went for his well-check last Friday and he was healthy and no issues. Here are the stats from the visit.

Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz (10th percentile)
Height: 31 inches (35th percentile)
Head Circ: 47 cm. (38th percentile)

Once again the Dr. said he is petite for his age but he is proportional so there is nothing to be concerned about. He is basically short and stocky.....or compact as I like to say. I was surprised his weight was not very increased from last time but he is on the go so much and he is a strong little muscle-man so he doesn't have a lot of fat. He eats really good too but the Dr. said that weight gain will not be as frequent as it was in his first year of life.

He had to get 3 vaccines and the flu shot but he did so well and was calmed down really fast this time!

A few other things I want to jot down for my own memory are that Jonah is wearing 12 month sized clothes right now and I anticipate that he will still be in this size for most of the winter. He is wearing size 5 toddler shoes and they fit him good. He is wearing size 3 diapers still and has been for MANY months. :)

Jonah is really good at feeding himself with his hands as long as he can pick it up with his fingers. We haven't found many foods that he doesn't like and he even had some Thanksgiving foods this past weekend at his Papa and Grandma Cheatham's house! We are still feeding him the bulk of his meals by spoon but that all has to change soon :(. I am not looking forward to the messy meals but I knew it was coming. He is such a neat little eater right now and he even pokes stuff in his mouth if he feels it on his lip or chin.....I hope for my sanity he continues to be that neat at meal-time! LOL!

Jonah is getting really good at running when he wants to try to get away from us. We think he is very balanced and coordinated for his age.....but we might be biased LOL! He is still really good at playing by himself for extended time periods and he still loves to point and anything and everything so someone will tell him what it is. He especially loves pointing at anything with wheels on it!

Right now Jonah is very shy at first when we go places and if he doesn't see anyone he knows. The Dr. tells us that is normal for this age and is just a stage. He does eventually warm up but it takes him a little while. I know it may hurt some people's feeling that he is that way but I know that is how I was when I was little so he may have a little more of my personality. I am just glad that he does eventually warm up and take part. The holidays should be interesting to see how he does with large crowds. :)

Well that is about all I can think of right now. Here are some recent pics!

 

The train table at Bass Pro. He had it all to himself!











Checking out the freshwater fish at the tanks in the store.













And this is as good as it's gonna get this year LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!