Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Gratitude {November - 2nd Week}




"Gratitude turns what we have into enough."


I saw this quote somewhere in the blogosphere this week and it really spoke to me. I wish I knew who to credit it to but could not find it. It is so true! When we have a grateful heart about our circumstances, our stuff and our lives then what we have is enough and we are content. I try to conciously think about my contentment. It is hard in today's society to feel content when you are constantly bombarded on the TV and internet with companies trying to sell you stuff that will "make your life easier" when in reality just being content with what you have makes everything easier. I try to notice myself and stop myself when those feeling come on of....oh if I just had such and such then everything would be easier....if I just looked like such and such then I would be happy.....but the truth is only you can make yourself happy.


I know I am rambling so I will get to the point of what I am grateful for this week.


1. I am grateful that I got 2 somewhat decent night's sleep now that the teething horrors are dying down around our house. We had 4 nights of Jonah not wanting to lay in his bed and just hurting and running a low grade temperature ALL day! I hate seeing my baby hurting but thankful it was just teething and nothing more serious!

2. I am thankful for time off from work! I am off tomorrow and Monday and I've needed this. I hadn't taken vacation since July and work has been very stressful and busy lately.

3. I am thankful for my hubby again. He outdid himself this week with helping with Jonah at night and fixing our toilet in our main bathroom when I casually mentioned it needed some work. He got the leaves out of the gutter and he has volunteered to camp out this weekend with some of our church youth at a local campground. I am just proud to call him mine!

4. I am thankful to have got a great start on my Christmas shopping and so glad that I will actually be done early this year!

I am sure there are a lot more things I could list but this is all I can think of for now....until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!