Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Hutch


Hello! I hope you are just about ready for all the Easter festivities. We have some fun things coming up next week but my main goal is to read through the Crucifixion and Resurrection story before Easter Sunday comes. That is what Easter is really about!

Jonah has an egg hunt on Wednesday and Thursday next week. One with his library class and one with our church. Then I think we will do our Easter gifts on Saturday morning so we can just focus our hearts and minds on Jesus on Sunday. How do you do Easter?

Well I've had my hutch decorated most of the month but it's been a work in progress. I honestly still don't feel like it's "done". But it will have to do. My wonderful mother-in-law got rid of all her Easter decor (downsizing) last summer and I scooped up some of it. So most of these items came from her stash and then I added a few other things I found along the way. It's not really what I had pictured in my head but there is always next year! I really wanted to do a burlap Spring banner but just lost track of time. So I did an egg banner instead! It was really easy and fun to do too.

I will try to list sources at the end in case anyone wants to know where I found stuff.

















-Easter Bunny Silhouette Printable (free) found HERE.

-Plates on top middle are from Big Lots as well as the candle holder.

-Orange flower plate from Big Lots too.

-Flowers in vase are all from Hobby Lobby a few years back.

-Blue bunnies and yellow chick from Dollar General store.

-Painted eggs are wooden and ordered from American Woodworkers Supply

-All other decor from my MIL. :)



Linking up to these lovely blogs:




Creations by Kara


Home Stories A2Z


The 36th AVENUE


Domestic Superhero



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Who knew Big Lots had so much cute stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you will find there. At our Big Lots they had a lot of beachy decor in light blues and greens. They also usually have a good selection of toys.

      Delete
  2. So pretty and perfect for Easter! Just found your blog through Domestic Superhero's Thursday link party! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!