Sunday, October 12, 2014

Adventures In Furniture Painting {End Tables}

I have slowly been updating some of our furniture that we've had since we got married. We bought a brand new living room set while we were engaged and the end tables are still in excellent condition. However, I was growing tired of all the brown in our living room. The carpet is brown and we now have a dark brown leather sectional. So I decided to paint the end tables white and distress them to give it some contrast. I already had just enough of my Annie Sloan chalk paint in Pure White to do the job. Then I got some new pulls from Hobby Lobby to match the pulls on the white hutch in our living room that I painted a couple of years ago. I really love how the chalk paint adheres without any prep and I applied the wax with my new wax brush and it went so much quicker!


This was one of the end tables BEFORE. Still in excellent shape but just outdated and boring.



This was during the painting process....and below is the AFTER!



Now I'm thinking I need some different lamps with more color. It's funny how one change just brings around more changes that you think you need. :)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!