Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter {2012}

We had a great Easter weekend with friends and family! The weather could not have been any prettier and everything went smoothly. Let me back up first though and talk about my birthday, which was last Thursday. It's always right around Easter and sometimes gets lost in the shuffle.

I turned 29 (and holding) on April 5th. I worked that day but took off on Friday. We went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant that night. The next day was my shopping day! I have been planning for over a month to go shopping in our nearest big town ALL BY MYSELF! I was so pumped and I had some other stops to make while in town. The weather was great and the crowds were not too bad and I hit up some awesome sales at a department store at the mall. I have not taken a day all to myself in a long time and it was much needed. I enjoy it so much more now and appreciate it more. :) I also had to get Jonah an Easter outfit and shoes so I had a mission as well. It was a SUCCESSFUL trip!

Later that evening my friend Amanda and her daughter Neely met up with us at the preschool playground behind the elementary school so the kids could play. She is a teacher there so she got us in. It was the neatest little playground and all the stuff was low to the ground and the play set was made completely out of plastic so the kids could get up in it and play and not get hurt. We had a good time playing there and I hope we can take advantage of it some more this summer.

We had our church egg hunt earlier in the week (Wed.) and the story hour class at the library had one last week too. Below are some pictures from those of our little egg hunter. Jonah really caught on this year and it was so fun to watch him go after the eggs. He didn't really "get" that you needed to pick up the eggs quickly and find more. He just kind of wandered around and took his sweet time picking them up and shaking them. LOL I guess the competitive spirit has not developed in him yet.....but oh when it does....

Here are some pics from our Easter happenings.



Photobucket
Got his game face on

Photobucket


Photobucket
This was at the library egg hunt

Photobucket
Dada helped him at the church egg hunt

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I found one!!

Photobucket


Photobucket
The tree and the apple

Photobucket
Tired boy

Photobucket
Oh what is this??

Photobucket


Photobucket
Our church bunch!
 
I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!!


1 comment:

I love comments!