Monday, July 8, 2013

Sometimes Life Happens

So did you have a good long, holiday weekend? Yes? Well that's great!! (I truly mean it)

We did not have a great one but it was just one of those "life happens" kind of weeks, last week. It all started last week when I went for my regular OB check-up (all was fine) and my van's transmission finally pooped out on me (we had been having some issues here and there). It just would not go at a stop light and so I had to call the good ol' hubs to come rescue me. We got it home and ordered a new transmission. (Cha-Ching $$$)

Thankful that we had the money for that saved but we ended up having to buy more parts than just the tranny. Small things that needed to be fixed along with it. Also, thankful that I'm married to a backyard mechanic that can handle doing the transmission job himself (with his awesome brother's help). So that saved us a lot too.

So the fourth and fifth were spent with them working on my van and me and Jonah just hung out and got some chores done around the house. I got to do some big errand running on Friday too all by myself while my Mom watched Jonah for me. I got a lot of items checked off my huge to-get list for the wedding and Jonah's birthday. Got his presents ordered/bought and finished up buying decorations. I got all our last-minute wedding needs done too.

Then on Saturday I had plans to spend the day in Nashville with my sister (the bride-to-be) and the other bridesmaids and we were going to go to Opry Mills and shop and get pedicures and go out to eat at The Melting Pot. I had really been looking forward to it but at the same time I hated to be spending any more money with all the repairs we just had to do on the van.

Well as luck (or lack of luck?) would have it I got a call on the way out of town that Michael had fell at his parent's house and dislocated his shoulder. He and Jonah had left earlier than me to go up to their house to do a few things and then they were going to come back home and play in the pool. So I had to run and get him and take him to the ER to get his shoulder put back in place. I am so thankful that he is ok and wasn't hurt other than his shoulder but it was hard to see him in so much pain. And also having to coordinate how we would get Jonah back home (I had been riding with another bridesmaid to Nashville). We all made it back home in one piece though by the end of the day, I just did not get to partake in the pre-wedding festivities. I really hated to miss it all but I felt I needed to be there for Michael since he only had the one good arm. LOL

We ended up having really bad storms Saturday night though and so I was glad I wasn't out and having to drive through any of that anyways.

Sunday was just church and resting for Michael and he is on the mend. Hopefully by the end of the week he will be out of the sling and back to using that arm again.

Ya'll just say a prayer for us to make it through this week and wedding! :)



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So sorry to hear that you guys had such a rough weekend! :( Prayers that this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! No fun! Those unexpected, expensive things are super annoying! Hope your hubby's shoulder is much better now! Can't wait to see the wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!