Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our weekend

We had wonderful weekend of family fun and a little bit of work on the living room. Saturday I had my "somewhat" monthly book club meeting over at Mom's house. I took Jonah with me for this one because another girl in the group needed to bring her daughter along and I didn't want her to feel left out. Plus it allowed Michael and Dad to get a jump on the crown moulding for the living room. It was pretty chaotic and we didn't have much of a meeting but it was still fun. I had to prepare the food this time. We always do a brunch type meal because we meet at 10:00 in the morning. I made some Pilsbury cinnamon rolls and did a fruit tray and I tried a new recipe for a breakfast melt on an English muffin. It was really good and everyone said they liked it and wanted the recipe so it must have been good. The recipe is here.

Later that afternoon we headed over the annual Bobo-Q! The Bobo-Q is an annual cookout of local family and friends that my Uncle Bobo started way back when I was a little one. He cooks all this wonderful meat and we feast and hang out and catch up. This was Jonah's first one and he did so good thanks in part to having a very late nap and eating supper before we went.

Sunday we went to Church and Jonah did so good for not having taken a nap at all that morning! He gets so off on his naps on the weekends and it's not because we always have stuff going on. Even on the weekends that we stay home all day he still gets off. Anyways, on Sunday afternoon we needed to run to the grocery store and get stuff for the week so we went over to the big ol' city of Dover park and walked and strolled around. We went down to the boat dock and Michael tried to put Jonah's feet in the very cold water. He did pretty good but then started to fuss. I think it was too cold for him. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come once the pool is open.

Below are some pics from our fun weekend!

 Mom and Jonah visiting at the Bobo-Q
 Michael holding baby Emily (Jonah's little cousin). She actually fell asleep on him :)

 My Uncle Bobo and Jonah. Check out that crazy hair! He was pulling on it.

 Trying to get this boy to attempt crawling! He just lays there and then rolls over.




He wasn't too sure about that cold water

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!