Linking up again this Monday morning! You should join too!
This week is all about my favorite things. So here we go!
1. Tell us about your 5 favorite memories in your life.
Since having Jonah my memory is not what it used to be, so I had to really work at coming up with these. I couldn't really nail down any certain memories from my childhood (all good!) so I am just listing those from my adult life.
1. The first night I ever saw my husband. We never spoke but I saw him from across the room at my cousin's graduation party. I thought he just had something about him but I never got introduced to him that night. I will always remember though that he stuck with me. Two weeks later he called me up and asked me out. The rest is history as they say!
2. Our wedding day: I remember how beautiful the day was, how hot it was, the decorations we worked so hard on, me and my bridesmaids getting ready, walking down the aisle and taking his hand, the thunder clapping outside during our ceremony, the beautiful rainbow that shone over us at the reception.
3. Ladies shopping trips: Before Jonah came along, I would get away for a whole weekend in the fall with a bunch of ladies in my church. We would rent a cabin in the Smoky Mountains and do some Christmas shopping at the outlets. We always had such a good time and I will always remember those times spent in fellowship with my friends.
4. When Jonah was born: I will always remember how I was shaking from nerves most of the time and all through the epidural. I remember the pushing and that Friends was on the TV because I would look straight ahead at the clock and then see the TV right beside it. But finally I remember when they laid him on my chest right after he was born and I finally got to see his precious face. I can still picture it even now.
5. First time to the pumpkin patch: I will always remember the first time we took Jonah (last year) to the pumpkin patch. It was something I had been so looking forward to doing with him. He loved the hayride and playing and picking out pumpkins. Precious memories!
2. Show us 3 of your favorite beauty products.
I am not much on makeup even though I wear it regularly. I just find something I like and use it forever. I don't like change obviously.
I wear Merle Normal foundation so that is my biggest fave. I have very oily skin and this foundation stays on all day and has awesome coverage, which I need for those occasional breakouts.
I have started using Physicians Formula brand mascara and eye shadow. So far I really like it and it is organic so that makes me feel good about it. You can get it just about anywhere.
3. Tell us what your favorite TV shows are to watch.
Well I've been a Grey's fan since the first episode. I like to say that I loved Grey's before everyone else did. LOL I also am shamelessly addicted to House Hunters. I even DVR it. I still don't quite know why I love it so much. It drives Michael crazy because he hates it. I also really enjoy Suits even though it's really Michael's show. I love the plot twists and turns.
4. Show us 2 of your favorite pictures.
The first one is of that rainbow at our wedding I mentioned earlier.
The second one is of my sweet boy!
5. Tell us your favorite things to do during "me time."
Oh goodness....well I don't get much of that time right now between a full-time job and being a wife and Mommy. But when I do I enjoy reading, shopping (alone), painting furniture, sewing, crafting in general. I know one day I will have more time for myself but I am just not in that season of life right now.
DollyWood & Pigeon Forge – Travel Diary
10 hours ago