Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Halloween Entry Table



I am almost done with my big hutch project. I have finished the bottom part of it, except for the hardware. I have to go back and exchange some of the hardware I bought at Hobby Lobby. So you'll notice that it is missing hardware in most of the holes but I do have two pulls that will be what the rest is going to look like.

Side note: I am now in love with Annie Sloan chalk paint!! It did wonderfully on this hutch. My only complaint is that I ran out of paint (I used a full quart) mid-way through the second coat on the top part of the hutch. The soft clear wax is awesome too. I applied it on this bottom piece with a cloth. I will do a full post once I'm done with this whole project on what I think about the paint and waxes.

Confession: I've never decorated for Halloween before. This is my first year to go all out. I think there are many reasons why I didn't decorate in the past but mainly now I am all about each holiday season since Jonah is getting bigger.

So this hutch/buffet is where all my holiday decorating is going to happen. We don't have a large house with lots of surfaces for decorating. This is it and it's plenty for me. :) I used what I had on hand or re-purposed some things so I spent little to nothing on this one.

The frames were yard sales finds or ones I had that I spray painted. The pumpkin stands were made from Dollar Tree candlesticks and small plates, spray painted in black chalkboard paint. The votives were ones left from our wedding that I hot-glued black lace trim around (from Hobby Lobby 1/2 off!). I got the glass pumpkin dish at a yard sale and bought the biggest bag of candy corn at Sams. The printables were all free ones that I found on Pinterest. So total I may have spent $20 including the yard sale purchases.


Here are some more shots of the hutch and some decorating I did on the top of our TV armoire.


 A close up of the distressing I've done. I didn't want to go overboard.


A close up of the hardware.


The C in the pumpkin is in front of the Y in FAMILY. LOL

I am linking up here:


Home Stories A2Z


 

Creations by Kara




6 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!!!i can't wait to see what you have to say about chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will get a post together once I finally finish it.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Nicely done. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Creations by Kara. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!!! Love the hutch and all of your decorations! Just the right amount if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!