Thursday, July 19, 2012

The BLOGGER 411; all you need to know about ME!


I decided in an effort to record more about myself to look back on and for Jonah to read some day, I would link up to this neat party.

Welcome!! My name is April.
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in Sept. 2010 about the time I went back to work after having my first child. I started blogging as a way to record Jonah's milestones and keep a "baby book" of sorts for him and I to look back on. I plan to make my blog into several books, like a scrapbook. I don't feel my blogging has changed much besides I just try to be as honest and real as I can about our real life.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Austin Peay State University and Nashville Tech Community College. I got my associates in Business first and then got my Bachelors in Business:Accounting at APSU. I was married for the last 2 years of school but we made it work.

3. Where have you traveled?
I have not been out of the US but would love to go to Italy one day. I have been to CA in high school and got to see LA and we went to some famous beaches: Venus and Laguna beach. We even saw a few celebrities near Rodeo Dr.: Steve Martin, Lonestar, Winona, Yanni, David Spade. I have been to Destin, FL (honeymoon), Gulf Shores, AL (recent vaca), Gatlinburg, Bristol, TN, Arkansas. That's about it.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
My son's fully funded college fund. And then I would splurge on a new vehicle of some kind.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1. When people slurp their drinks
2. When people stand too close to me in the checkout line while I am paying.
3. People that are inconsiderate, in general.

6. What is your favorite movie?
I would have to say the movie based on the book Little Women



7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
SWEET TEA!!!



8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I love to sew and learn more about sewing...a close second would be shopping for fabric.



9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Hmm...this is a hard one but I think I will go with Target. I can never find something I don't want to buy in that store.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Hmm....another hard one....I have so many LOL. I think the most recent one that comes to mind is when Jonah and I were eating at Chik-Fil-A and I realized they didn't give me any sauce. So I went up to the very busy counter and asked the guy if I could have some Zaxby's sauce. He looked at me strange but didn't say anything so I repeated myself and then it finally hit me.....I am not at Zaxby's, I'm at Chik-Fil-A! Duh!!! I blame Mommy-brain for that one and many others.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
Hands down it would be the day that I married Michael. I would love to go back and relish every moment of that day.



12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I am taking a wild guess with this one and saying Meg Ryan....not even sure why. I love her in movies.



13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at an in-home daycare in HS. Definitely taught me I was in no way ready for kids any time soon.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

Me and my two besties from HS. I am on far right. Gotta love the perm!



15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would tour Italy and Rome and Venice.

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.



17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
I see myself trying to be the best Mother I can and teach my son (and any other children that may come along) right from wrong and all the valuable life lessons he will need to know. I see myself hopefully still in a successful career and I hope to see Michael doing something he enjoys. I see us still in our little starter house and Jonah will be in school by then. I am sure much of our life will be changed but I know for sure that we will still be striving to be Christians that love the Lord.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and it didn't bore you too much. Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Target is the best, for sure! I can't believe there is a rainbow behind y'all in your wedding picture!!! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers, especially the fact you'd choose Meg Ryan to play you in a movie, even better that you used a photograph of Meg as Maggie in Addicted to Love to illustrate your answer.

    Italy as your "anywhere in the world" vacation gets the thumbs up from me too. I've just booked to go back to Lake Como in October and I can honestly say it can't come soon enough. Hopefully you and your loved ones will make it there one day.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!